Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sql server replication issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbfell

Programmer
Dec 11, 2001
US
Having a hard time getting a client who uses VPN to sync successfully with a SQL server. Here are the details. FYI, my machine here works perfectly using the same username and password.

When using the 'good' user/pw, the errors are as follows...

Snapshot will be applied from the alternate folder '\\192.168.0.16\REPLDATA\unc\PSQ5_PROD_CRP300_StoredProcs\20040707195832\'

Category:OS
Source:
Number: 1326

The process could not read file '\\192.168.0.16\REPLDATA\unc\PSQ5_PROD_CRP300_StoredProcs\20040707195832\usp_DeleteKB_1.sch' due to OS error 1326. The step failed.

There is a user on both the workstation and the server, with the same password, that we are using.

When I put in a bad password on purpose to troubleshoot, we get this error.

Connecting to Distributor 'PSQ5'
Login failed for user 'psq_admin'.
The process could not connect to Distributor 'PSQ5'. The step failed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This sounds to me like an operating system permissions problem, not SQL Server.

Keep in mind that when you share a folder from an NTFS hard drive you have to set permissions in two places: one for the *network* share, and one for the *filesystem* access. For example, in Windows XP, you'd have to set things up in the Sharing and Security tabs, respectively, of the file or folder's property sheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back