Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL Server OLE DB Password prompting each time

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeamGD

IS-IT--Management
Feb 18, 2001
AU
Hi all,

Crystal Reports 2011
Crystal Server 2011

In a number of reports I’ve connected to a SQL Server 2008 database using OLE DB (ADO).

I have been given a SQL Server account that I’m to use for all reports to connect to the database.

I’m prompted to enter the User ID and Password on the first occasion I run a report in each new session of Crystal Reports.

Equally when I run the report in the BI Launch Pad, I and all the users are prompted to enter the User ID and Password on the first occasion I run a report in each new session of BI Launch Pad.

Is there a way around having to enter the password each time?

Thanks in advance.

You'll have to enter the credentials when refreshing in Crystal Reports, but in Crystal Server you can store them:

1. Log into the Central Management Console and find the report in the Folders view.
2. Right click on the report name and select Properties.
3. On the left side you'll see Database Configuration. Click that and you'll see all connections for that report.
4. Enter the credentials, then scroll down. Click 'Use same database logon as when report is run."
5. Click Update.

Also if you update the report on Crystal Server (at least this is how it works on Enterprise), the password will be wiped out unless you right click on the report (in CMC) and click on Refresh Options, un-select Default database logon information and click on Update.

Excellent. Thanks briangriffen and kray4660. That works a treat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back