Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL Server Management Studio

Status
Not open for further replies.

anorthcote

Programmer
Sep 4, 2006
GB
Hi,

I haven't, as yet, used SQL 2005 and want to know if SQL Server Management Studio is the same as Query analyser?

We are having an system written for us and the company are suggesting that end users use SQL Server Management Studio to maintain the data in the tables rather than having a front end program written.

If SQL Server Management Studio is just a new/revamped Query analyser then I won't be happy for end users to use it!!

Thanks.

SSMS (SQL Server Management Studio) combines functionality of Enterprise Manager and QA. That is NOT End user tool, because End user can do anything He/She want with Database.

Borislav Borissov
VFP9 SP2, SQL Server 2000/2005.
Microsoft MVP VFP

I don't see a problem with that...

as long as all the end users all have mcdbas...

--------------------
Procrastinate Now!

anorthcote said:
We are having an system written for us and the company are suggesting that end users use SQL Server Management Studio to maintain the data in the tables rather than having a front end program written.
That's absolutely one of the craziest suggestions I've ever heard. Do yourself a favour, fire this company, go with somebody else, anybody else. Anyone who thinks users should be accessing a database directly isn't even close to being a professional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back