Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL Server Integration with Active Directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shilohcity

Technical User
Jul 12, 2000
GB
Hi there

I have a SQL Server 2000 box that is part of a windows 2000 domain. I have read about the possibility of setting up a linked server on the SQL Server which will integrate with the AD domain. I have tried to work my way through this but am getting errors about ADSDSOObject not getting an interface. I have also noticed that the MSSQLServerADHelper service is not running and returns an error when I try to start it. I am a little stumped here as I haven't found much info about getting things going (I assume because it is so simple).

The main aim of this is to be able to use SQL Server to query username and password details from a web based application.

Any advice or information on this would be most appreciated.

Cheers
Justin X-) "Creativity is the ability to introduce order into the randomness of nature." Eric Hoffer

Visit me at

Righto finally figured out how to do this from the helpful instructions at this site

I was pretty close before just didn't have the security quite right.

Justin. "Creativity is the ability to introduce order into the randomness of nature." Eric Hoffer

Visit me at

hi
i'm facing the same problem here.
i think it is a problem with security but i can't find help any where... the site "mauvais" is down..
could you help me!

y3by,

Can't help you and the thread you added to is over a year old, so it's possible the site is gone completely. That's a problem with posting/continuing in a 'old' thread.

Have you tried web searching for ZD-Het?

-SQLBill

Posting advice: FAQ481-4875

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back