Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL server doesnot exist or access denied

Status
Not open for further replies.

siddapur

IS-IT--Management
Jul 27, 2003
IN
We have SQL Server Developer 2000 version on our WINXP system. Yesterday I installed SP2 for XP. After that our development team is not able to connect to sql server using asp dotnet codes. Where as the same is working with ordinary asp. The website is hosted on their local system. Only for database they connect to this sql server.
Please help. If this is not the proper forum for this problem please tell me proper forum.

Regards Sadguru

This is a simple issue...XP SP3 blocks TCP Port 1433 which is the default for SQL Server. I believe it may also block UDP Port 1434 with SQL Server also uses.

I had posted this on the site before, if I find my original post I'll link it here.

-SQLBill

Check out THREAD962-902059. It gives a link to a Microsoft webpage that lists all the known (at the time - 50) applications that need ports opened on the Windows Firewall due to XP Service Pack 2.

-SQLBill

Thanks Mr.SQLBill.
I had opened ports 1433,1434 and 135 but still it was not working. Later I could fix that problem. I had to install SP3a for SQL 2000. As soon as I installed SP3a for SQL it started working.

Thanks once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back