Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL Server and VB

Status
Not open for further replies.

LLudlow

Programmer
Oct 5, 2001
CA
Does anyone know a good book on developing applications with VB 6.0 and SQL server 7.0. I am developing an application that has to call stored procedures and i am looking for a book to help with this and other related items.

Thanks

"ADO Examples and Best Practices" by William R. Vaughn is a book that I use frequently.

ISBN: 1-893115-16-X

Great examples of many ways to use ADO and good analysis of what you gain/lose by each approach.

Professional Visual Basic 6 Databases by WROX Press has been a great teaching tool for me.

Hey,

I use Hitchhikers Guide to Visual Basic 6.0 and SQL Server - Sixth Edition (Microsoft Press).

Covers DAO, RDO, ADO, Design, SQL Server Tools

ISBN 1-57231-848-1

Clive

I used Mastering Database programming with Visual Basic 6 (Evangelos Petroutsos). I also needed specific info on stored procedures (passing and returning values) and this book has this (and more).

I was just curious, I'm going to be learning VB soon -

My app is currently running on ASP with a SQL Server 7.0 database. It has been decided that the next version should be written in VB (probably 6) using the same databse. I need to learn the VB language, more than what I learned for the ASP (VB Script) and in more detail.

Would any of you suggest these books, or similar for someone with a programming backgroud, but just starting to get into VB?

Thanks in advance!
BeckahC
BeckahC

I know I keep plugging these WROX books but they are great. For a VB Beginner, Beginning Visual Basic 6.0 is a great place to start. It doesn't assume you are a dummy like the Dummies books do (why anyone buys them fails me) and all of the code examples are copiously explained.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back