Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQl server Agent jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

lalitha1

Programmer
Oct 14, 2008
US
Can someone help me with this please. I have 2005 sql server jobs that are scheduled to run automaticallybut are failing to run. The jobs call .exe (.exe is in VB 6.0). When i look at the history of the job it says that the "Executed as user: The step did not generate any output. Process Exit Code 0. The step succeeded.". These are daily production jobs.

The message sounds like that the partition query returned no records.

What happens if you process the cube manually.

It's not a cube, i have sql server agent job. We just switched from sql 2000 to sql 2005. It used to work in sql 2000. But I recreated this job in sql 2005, it fails.

Hi Lalitha1,

What user do you use to run this job .... ?

[pipe] "We know nothing but, that what we know is not the truth..." - Me

The user that we use to run these jobs has sysa permissions.
--Thanks

Hi Lalyha1,

I must say. It's hard to give you an answer. Let me put it to you this way, I presume that when you run the .exe manully then it will produce some results for you. Am I right in saying this ?

[pipe] "We know nothing but, that what we know is not the truth..." - Me

Yes. Here's how my sql jobs are:
My jobs call .exe but the .exe inturn calls DTS package. The DTS package sits in a folder (for ex: h:\DTSPAckages\ImportTestfile.dts).
Since we are migrating from SQL server 2000 to SQL server 2005 as we do not have enough time to rewrite the DTS packages, we moved all the DTS (DTS packages under Enterprise manager and the .dts files that are placed in a folder) to SQL 2005 under Legacy.

Do you think it has to do with any permissions to the folder where the .dts are saved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back