Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL Server 7 and SP4

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIS
Jul 28, 2002
CA
Hi all,

I looking for feed back from anyone that already installed SP4 on their SQL 7 server. I read everything from the MS Support site. By experience, I never jump on the patches wagon as soon as they are released.

Hi There

I have no problems with SP4 on any of our production servers. The only problem I ran into was installing Microsoft Content Management Server. I had to patch the SQL Server, patch it to SP3, Install CMS and then patch it to SP4 as Microsoft CMS did not recognise SQL versions above SP3.

Hope This Helps

Bernadette

Hello there,

I had some issues after installing SP4 on SQL server 7.0 - we use a contact database called Goldmine Sales & Marketing 5.5. After the upgrade no workstations could login to the program apart from the server. Had to detach the all SQL databases unistall SQL Server 7.0 then reinstall SQL server 7.0 and attach the SQL databases. All worked fine after...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back