Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL Server 2008 R2 SSMS not listing all backup files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 29, 2009
US
Hey gang. Thanks for all the help you give.

I have a SQL Server 2008 R2 database that gets backed up every night. Logs show that these backups are successful, and I can locate all of them in the file system. However, when attempting to do a restore through SSMS, not all files are visible in the Locate Backup File dialog box. And there is a pattern to this. I can only see files from each Friday and Saturday night. All other night's files are invisible. Very wierd.

The backups are run through a single Maintenance Plan. It is very odd that there is something different about the Monday-Thursday backups, yet it is the same process that creates all of them. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Randy Davis
Denver, CO

Do all the backups have a .bak or .trn extension on them?

Simi

Simian, thanks for the reply.

Yes, all the backups in question have a .bak extension.

Randy Davis
Denver, CO

Check file permissions (owner etc) for one that you can see and one that you can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back