Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL server 2008 R2 backup restore issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

dd2maker

MIS
Jul 9, 2013
US
Hi I'm new to SQL 2008 R2. this is situation I face to: we have 2 servers run a application, for some reason database is on the 2003 server and application itself running on a 2008 R2 (64bit)server. SQL server 2008 R2 is running on both server.
now we're going to migrate DB to application server. I made a backup through management studio on DB server and then copy it to "C" on the application server and make sharing with sql service account in the domain. but when I try to restore it through sql management studio on application server I got the following error: The Database Engine service could not resolve the specified file location. Either the location does not exist, or the current login account does not have access to it. Verify that the file location exists, and that the login account has permissions on it. I have no clue what's going on. I appreciate for any hints in advanced.

They type of error usually occurs based on the active directory account used to start the SQL Server service. Try this...

Click Start -> Run
Type: services.msc
click OK.

Scroll down to SQL Server, right click, properties, click on the "Log On" tab. The account shown probably does not have permissions to the folder where you put the database files.

-George
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
My Blogs
SQLCop
twitter
"The great things about standards is that there are so many to choose from." - Fortune Cookie Wisdom

yeah, for this related SQL server services, the log on account shows "network services". what account/password supposed to be here? thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back