Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL Server 2005 Reindex Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechMC

MIS
Dec 9, 2003
US
Hello All:

Instead of using the DBCC command to do an internal defrag or reindex of the database. Does anyone know of any specific or good software that does this and is easy to manage?

I am curerntly running Diskeeper to do an external defragmentation, now I am looking for something to allow me to do an internal reindex of the databses.

Thanks,

MC

Are you looking for a gui over the DBCC commands? Or is there something more?

My suggestion would be to create a stored procedure that runs the DBCC commands. You could then use the windows task scheduler to to run the command (using OSQL or SQLCMD). Alternatively, you could schedule a job to run the commands. I see no reason why you would need software to do this.

-George

"The great things about standards is that there are so many to choose from." - Fortune Cookie Wisdom

George is right about the SP, or, if you need to, use Visual Studio to create a form that calls your SP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back