Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL Server 2005 management studio graphical setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

hedgracer

Programmer
Mar 21, 2001
US
I am hoping someone can help me on this one. I have googled this to death to no avail. I used to have Object Explorer docked on the left hand side of my management studio and then the query screen would come up beside of it. Now the Object Explorer has disappeared and I cannot get it to dock back in its original place. Hopefully someone can help me on this. Thanks.

Dave

You should be able to press F8 on the keyboard while in SQL Server Management Studio. This should show you the Object Explorer window.

On the title bar for object explorer, you should see 3 icons to the right. The first is a triangle pointing down, then a pin, and an X. Click the triangle pointing down and select dockable.

This should help. Let me know.

-George
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
My Blogs
SQLCop
twitter
"The great things about standards is that there are so many to choose from." - Fortune Cookie Wisdom

You can also try...

On the top menu, click Window -> Reset Window Layout

-George
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
My Blogs
SQLCop
twitter
"The great things about standards is that there are so many to choose from." - Fortune Cookie Wisdom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back