Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL Server 2005 languages

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrks1

IS-IT--Management
Feb 21, 2008
MK
Hello,

I have a web application that is running on Windows 2003 and SQL 2000 with ASP .NET 1.1.

Now we want to migrate it to a Windows 2008 and SQL 2005 because i can't run SQL 2000 and Windwos 2008. I've managed to install .NET 1.1 and SQL 2005 and migrate the databses from SQL 2000 to SQL 2005, but in the application there is a part that use SQL LANGUAGE and i need one more language in sys.syslanguages. I already have the language in my SQL 2000 in syslanguages but i can't add it into SQL 2005.

So is there a way to add one more language in SQL 2005. I've tryed in sigle-user mode but I'm getting errors.

Can anyone tell me a way to add one more language.

Regards,
Nikola

The syslanguages table is deprecated in SQL Server 2005. In fact, there is no syslanguages table. syslanguages is a system view. Check SQL BOL for more information.

So far as I know, you cannot add another language to SQL Server 2005. Which language is missing?

Terry L. Broadbent - DBA

"The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, is by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals. We cause accidents. (Nathaniel Borenstein)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back