Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sql server 2005 differential backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

vpn2012

Instructor
Jan 8, 2012
I have database named shoping i want to take last backup to this database not full backup meaning differential(ex i make full backup to this database 03/02/2012 i need to make backup from this date until 07/02/2012 and take this to text file in my computer) how i make this.
thankes

You can choose the type of backup when you run the backup in management studio. If you are looking at doing several backups it may be easier to create a scheduled job or maint task to do the diff backups for you.

Here is a good ref for t sql commands, you may find it easier to set it up in managements studio though if you don't have a lot of experience with ms sql.

Biglebowskis Razor - with all things being equal if you still can't find the answer have a shave and go down the pub.

Backups cannot be converted to text files. The only way to get a text file is to run a query to output the data within the tables into text files.

-SQLBill

The following is part of my signature block and is only intended to be informational.
Posting advice: FAQ481-4875

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back