Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL Server 2000 SP3a Analysis Services Installation Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

locutis

Programmer
Nov 3, 2006
US
Hello,

The SP3a install went fine, but when trying to install the Analysis Services I get the following error winow:

Severe: An error occurred during the move data process: -145.

I have been researching similar errors to the one I'm getting (I see '-132' is common) which is due to services not being stopped, so I went through and stopped ALL my services, but still I get this error and cannot complete the install. I don't know if this matters or not, but I
created a separate directory for the extracted files called
"C:\sql2kasp3" then in the "C:\sql2kasp3\msolap\Install" directory I ran the setup.exe file.

I really need to get this going so I would be forever grateful for any advice on this. I don't know what else to do. I'm running this on a Windows XP Pro (SP2) box.

Thanks,
Jean Luc

I seem to remember that Analysis Services will only run on Enterprise Edition of the operating system.

-------------------------
The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody appreciates how difficult it was - Steven Wright

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back