Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL Server 2000 Physical Storage Size 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warlocks

Technical User
Jan 9, 2003
GB
Hi,

We have a very large database (around 13GB) and need to migrate it across to a new server.
I know that there are a lot of tables in the DB that are redundant and therefore, to reduce size, I wanted to drop some of them.
I seem to remember that I was able to (in Enterprise Manager) view the list of tables with certain statistics against them. The one in particular is the physical disk space required to store the table and its data so that I can tackle the larger one first.

Does anyone know how I can get this data (preferably ordered by size in descending order).

Cheers (and Merry Christmas!)

Woody.

This will get that data for you.

Code:
sp_MSforeachtable @command1 = "sp_spaceused '?'"

- Paul
- Database performance looks fine, it must be the Network!

I should also add that you must run that command from query analyzer. If you want to get similar data from Enterprise Manager you can find it in the following location.

1 Select your database
2 Go to View in the Menu and select Taskpad
3 On the top of the Right side select Table Info

- Paul

Thanks for the responses Paul.

The second one was the utility I seemed to remember... just couldn't remember how to get to it!!!
However, the first one has re-awoken the curious monster in me and I will delve deeper me thinks...

Thanks again.

Woody.

No problem Warlocks
Happy Holidays

- Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back