Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL Server 2000 Installation Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

cfFran

Programmer
May 30, 2002
US
Earlier today, I installed an evaluation copy of MS SQL 2000. After the installation completed, I copied two old database files from MS SQL 7. To get MSL2000 to register the database, I ran the sp_attach_db stored procedure. After which I ran the sp_updatestats stored procedure as they suggested. The database looks good in the Enterprise Manager -- the tables are present -- the data values look appropriate.

Having my database performing, I proceeded with the ColdFusion setup. I first set up the ODBC datasource definitions in MS Windows NT 4.0 and the ColdFusion Administrator. The connection verifies in both the operating system and ColdFusion Administrator.

When I run the ColdFusion application program I get the following error message. "Invalid Object Name 'Config'" In an effort to debug it, I ran a utility program through ColdFusion. myDescribeAll.cfm uses the information_schema tables to provide the description of all my tables. This displays only the system tables such as TABLE_CONSTRAINTS, TABLE_PRIVILEGES, COLUMNS, DOMAINS... None of my tables are displayed. Obviously, if it does not acknowledge my tables, it will tell me that the config table is an invalid object.

There must be a configuration problem, or a privileges problem working against me here. Any ideas, guys and girls?

Are you pointing to the new server your new SS2K installation now lives?

Thanks

J. Kusch

I went back to the Operating System and made the ODBC specification again. This time it worked. Must have been a cockpit error the first time. Thanks anyway.

Fran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back