Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL Server 2000 and SQL Server CE 2.0 Tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

teqmem

Programmer
Nov 26, 2004
US
Hello,

I have a SQL Server Standard 2000. According to SQL Enterprise Manager, it has SP4 loaded. The reported version is "8.00.2039(SP4)".

Since, we will be using Merge replication with CE devices, I need to install SQL Server CE 2.0 on this same box. I downloaded "sqlce20sql2ksp4.exe" from Microsoft's site. However, when I install this executable, it always aborts with the message below. I have also tried the other "sqlce20sql2kspX.exe" for other service packs but the result was the same.

Any suggestions on how to overcome this problem? Thanks.

Message from "sqlce20sql2kspX.exe":

SQL Server CE Server tools is compatible only with SQL Server Service Pack 1 and higher. When you install SQL Server CE Server Tools on a computer running both IIS and SQL Server 2000, ensure the installer for SQL Server CE Server Tools corresponds to the version of SQL Server 2000.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back