Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sql select

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparky68

Programmer
Feb 27, 2002
US
I’m trying to pick a different sql line when a querystring exists or not…heres the code:

if request.querystring(&quot;ID&quot;) <> &quot;&quot; then
recordtoview = request.querystring(&quot;ID&quot;)
strsql = &quot;SELECT * from news ORDER BY news.newsDate where news.newsid =&quot; & recordtoview & &quot;;&quot; else
strsql = &quot;SELECT * from news ORDER BY news.newsDate DESC&quot;
end if

the first time you goto to page it should use the else part, since “id” doesn’t exist. If you click a different article it adds id to url and reloads page. Eventhou the url is right, it still shows the else part…

Try this:
Code:
If NOT request.querystring(&quot;ID&quot;) &quot;&quot; then
 strsql = &quot;SELECT * from news ORDER BY news.newsDate where news.newsid =&quot; & recordtoview & &quot;;&quot; 
else

End if

Try &quot;NOT&quot; instead of <> also...do you have your excute statement in the code as well?

Try this:
Code:
If NOT request.querystring(&quot;ID&quot;) &quot;&quot; then
 strsql = &quot;SELECT * from news ORDER BY news.newsDate where news.newsid =&quot; & recordtoview & &quot;;&quot; 
else

End if

Try &quot;NOT&quot; instead of <> also...do you have your excute statement in the code as well?

That is weird, I got an error when I submitted it...saying it took to long to submit the reply...then it ended up posting it twice? ... I know I only clicked once on that button.. hmm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back