Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL Query - run without permissions/direct access

Status
Not open for further replies.

h20vrrq

MIS
May 28, 2008
GB
Hi,

One of my users has written several simple SQL queries that he needs run every month against one of our databases. The queries delete, insert and update data and are run in 4 separate groups. My manager has said the user can not have direct login access to the server unless absolutely necessary, so what I would like to know is is it possible for the user to run the queries against the database without having direct access to it and the server?

Due to the nature of the data held on the server, we are restricting all access to only members of the administration team and the user is just a user with no direct access to the server.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kieran

if user is not to have access to server directly only way is for a administrator to setup a job (sql server possibly) to run the required queries and write the output to a file or to another server to which that user has access to ... taking all due precautions so the data he is extracting is within what he can have access to.

Regards

Frederico Fonseca
SysSoft Integrated Ltd

FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back