Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL Passthrough processing of SQL type varbinary(max) field

Status
Not open for further replies.

MdotButler

Programmer
Jan 18, 2006
US
I am trying to process an SQL 2005 table which has a field defined as varbinary(max). When I just do a "select *" on the source table the field is defined as a type "G" in the temporary cursor. I process this record and try to update this field to an updatable remote view. The remote view I also defined with a type of "G". When I issue the TABLEPDATE() I get the following errors using =AERROR():
Code:
1-1526
2-Connectivity error: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]The text, ntext, or image pointer value conflicts with the column name specified.
3-[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]The text, ntext, or image pointer value conflicts with the column name specified.
4-37000
5-7125
6-11
--------------------------
1-1526
2-Connectivity error: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]The text, ntext, or image pointer value conflicts with the column name specified.
3-[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Warning: Partial insert/update. The insert/update of a text or image column(s) did not succeed.
4-S1000
5-0
6-11
How can I read the SQL Varbinary data type and pass it through an updatable view to anotehr SQL table? BTW the source SQL server is different from the SQL Server being updated.

VFP isn't aware of new types and ODBC driver can lead to weird results. Prefer using OLEDB driver and use correct driver instead of SQL server 2000 driver.

Check this thread for a possible VFP bug demo:

Cetin Basoz
MS Foxpro MVP, MCP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back