Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL Optimizer - inventory bin error

Status
Not open for further replies.

baugie

Programmer
Apr 9, 2003
US
I am trying to create an automated integration process within the Sales Order Module of G.P. I wanted to use the SQL Optimizer since this does not require a log into G.P., thus allowing it to run without user interaction. I read through the documentation, and it listed some limitations on what it could and could not support. When I did a very simple test record, IM responded that I could not use SQL Optimizer Sales Order when 'inventory bins' are enabled. Is this a recognized problem or just my instance of G.P.?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks!

This is a known issue. You will have to use the regular SOP integrations and setup a command line integration to first log into GP, then run the IM.

Is there any plans to fix this problem...... My orders take 8 hours to integrate the regular way.

Is there a way to turn off bins or something!!

Akart

Yes you can turn off multiple bins by going to setup > Inventory > Inventory Control. Unmark the 'enable multiple bins.' With this option unmarked, you should be able to use the sql optimized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back