Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL MSDE - Sharepoiont Team Services

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdrp

IS-IT--Management
Sep 5, 2002
US
Not sure if this is the right forum, but any help would be appreciated. I am running Sharepoint Team Services (latest patches, etc.), and am experiencing the symptom described in MS article 318975: documents uploaded to a library do not show up in the All Documents View.

MS's fix is to change the "No Count" option using the SQL Server Enterprise Manager. And there's the rub. Team Services run MSDE, so it doesn't come with the Enterprise Manager.

Do I have any options (Access/ODBC, command line, scripts, etc.) to make this change other than purchasing $10000 worth of software to fix my $100 MSDE database?

Thanks.

Execute sp_configure to set the user option. The following will reset all user options including "no count" to OFF.

SP_CONFIGURE 'user options', 0
RECONFIGURE
go

You should check to see if any other user options are set. The following will show the current options setting.

exec sp_configure 'user options'

If the config_value is greater than 512, test to see if 512 is actually set By running the following. The result should be 512. If it is not 512 then the "no count' option is not set and you wil need to look for another solution.

Select <options config_value> & 512

If the result is 512 then calculate the new option value by subtracting 512 from the current config_value. Execute sp_configure with the calculated value.

exec sp_configure 'user options', 1024 Terry L. Broadbent - DBA
SQL Server Page:
If you want to get the best answer for your question read faq183-874.

Not sure if this is a dumb response, but I think your answer assumes that MSDE comes with a SQL command line utility, which it does not. In fact, it doesn't come with any tools at all.

Can I use Access/VB to accomplish the same?

Thanks. I'll give that a shot.

Found OSQL and issued the commands, but didn't fix the issue. I think MS is full of crap ...

Thanks for all the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back