Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL MSDE Engine doesn't want to start

Status
Not open for further replies.

crisedefoie

Programmer
Feb 19, 2003
CA
Hi everybody,

One of my customers has this problem.

Last night, electricity shot down and when their server restart, the SQL Server (MSDE) engine didn't restart !

We try manuelly ... nothing !
We try to reboot the server ... nothing !

What ever we try, the SQL Engine doesn't start !

Has someone here met the same problem ? If yes, how to resolve it ?

Thank you !

crisedefoie

Have you tried dry gas, every once in a while I get water in my engine and it won't start either, oops wrong forum...

Have you gone into the services and tried starting it through there? Sometimes you have have start them manually.
You may want to try opening Enterprise Manager or SSMS and seeing if the database got corrupted. If so, you may have revert to a back up.

If [blue]you have problems[/blue], I want [green]source code[/green] AND [green]error messages[/green], none of this [red]"there was an error crap"[/red]

What's in the ERRORLOG file and the Application Log?

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)
MCTS (SQL 2005 / Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0: Configuration / Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007: Configuration)
MCITP Database Administrator (SQL 2005) / Database Developer (SQL 2005)

My Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back