Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL Mail / Outlook - outlook.pst in use problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

k8277

Programmer
Jan 10, 2003
US
I have setup SQL Server Agent to use an Outlook Mail profile. When I created the mail profile, I used the same domain account that the SQL Server Agent runs under. I believe everything was working and now I have some problems.

Right now I can successfully start and stop a mail session by doing the test within SQL Server Agent Properties. However, if I send a test email to an operator or if one of my SQL Server Agent job fails I am not being notified.

If I log into the server with the domain account SQL Server Agent is using and open Outlook I receive the following error message: "Unable to open your mail default e-mail folders. The file C:\....\outlook.pst is in use and could not be accessed. Close any application that is using this file, and then try again."

If I stop the SQL Server Agent and I re-open outlook, I do not receive any error messages and I will receive my test messages that I had previously sent from SQL.

It appears there is a conflict between the SQL Server Agent and Outlook. I tried creating a new mail profile and setting up SQL to use that with no luck.

Are you using Exchange or POP3?

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)

--Anything is possible. All it takes is a little research. (Me)

[noevil]
(Not quite so old any more.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back