Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL Loader

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shobin

Programmer
Nov 6, 1998
PT
Visit site
I've a script where i want to pass a date as parameter, can i do that using SQL Loader? and How?!

Instead of passing a date as a parameter I would "massage" the input file based upon the date when I create the data file.<br>
<br>
Mike<br>

&lt;smile&gt; perhaps "process" would be a better word - with a language such as perl

Well, i'm going to try to explain better... <br>
I've a file that has a script which loads the data from the file to a table, one of the fields from my table must be updated with a certain date passed as parameter, this script is processed by SQL LOADER . Can i pass a parameter into this script?!

I don't know of a way to pass a parameter like that to SQLLDR.<br>
<br>
It should be fairly easy to write a perl script that work go though your data file and update the field you need changing. Give me a few lines of your data file, tell me which field needs changing and I'll write you a pl that should do the job.<br>
<br>
Mike<br>

I don't have Perl installed, and it must be using SQLLDR...<br>
thanks anyway...:)

Yes you can by adding it as a constant applying the format in which you want the date to be put as according to your table structure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back