Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL Insert Queries

Status
Not open for further replies.

chertel

Programmer
Apr 15, 2002
US
Hi-

I am writing an insert query through Microsoft Access and I am having trouble on how to get more than one row updated at a time. Here is the statement that I have working now.

INSERT INTO F4104
(ivan8,ivxrt,ivitm,ivexdj,iveftj,ivcitm,ivdsc1,ivaln,ivlitm,ivaitm,ivurdt,ivurat,ivurab,ivuser,ivpid,ivjobn,ivupmj,ivtday)
VALUES
(10211, 'CU', 11100, 110365, 102091, ' 1145481', ' ALFENTA AMPS 20mL CII 5/BX ', ' 1145481', ' 11098-0060-20 ', ' 06020/2832 ', 0, 0, 0, 'CHERTEL', 'EP4104', 'CARLA', 102094, 162228)

I want to add another row to the table. I have tried using AND and then continueing with the values and this does not work. HELP and THANK YOU!!

-Carla C. Hertel

Hi Carla

I'm not familiar with MS Access SQL, but I don't think there is an "AND" clause that will help you. To insert another row, issue another "INSERT" command.

Hope this helps Pete Bloomfield
Down Under

Hi Carla,

You cannot add more than one row at a time when using the VALUES keyword. To add more rows, you need to create more insert statements.

The only way that you can add more than one is when you are copying data from one table to another, when you can use a SELECT FROM in your INSERT command.

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back