Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL for inserting multiple records into a table with the same query

Status
Not open for further replies.

russeldraper

Technical User
Jul 9, 2003
US
As you could quess from the title, I'm trying to insert into table more than one record at the same time. I'm looking for the syntax in SQL. I'm not inserting from another table. I've just got a lot of records that I need to insert at the same time. I know how a single insert works, but I'm not sure if you can insert more than one at the same time.

I think the sql stays the same, but you embed it in a loop, passing in variables for field names. Was this what you meant?

I was hoping that there was another way to do it. It's taking to long with the insert statement embeded in a for loop.

Sometimes I update the form caption while long loops are processing (though this actually slows the loop). I found that users don't mind waiting so long as they can see somthing happening onscreen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back