Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL for inserting expense reports into Dynamics GP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudlofo

Programmer
Feb 16, 2012
US
Hello,

I need to programmatically insert expense reports into Dynamics GP. I'm experienced with SQL server and programming in general, but am new to GP.

In researching the best way to connect to GP I see there are many options - SQL, eConnect, Dexterity, etc.

For now I think the fastest and easiest path is to use SQL to directly insert the data.

I've already built the code for parsing and manipulating the expense data, so now I just need to figure out how to push it into GP.

Would someone be kind enough to point me at the right table(s) to interact with? If you have a pointer to the fields I need to set or even some sample SQL I'd be most grateful. In general, any pointers that might make me smarter about how to form the SQL would be appreciated.

Much thanks,

Rudolfo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back