Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL Errors when deleting logins in GP9 postupgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

childofnight

IS-IT--Management
Jan 12, 2006
GB
Hi Everyone

One of our customers has done a test upgrade to GP9. If a user 'bombs out' (i.e. doesn't logout of Great Plains properly), and then goes back in and tries to delete their login they get the following messages:
GPS Error 58
ODBC Error 37000
SQL error 15248 (SQL Server Driver) The parameter @oldname is either ambiguous or the claimed @itemtype(COLUMN) is wrong.

After these error messages come up, the user can delete their login and proceed normally. Does anyone have any ideas what these messages mean and how we can get rid of them?

Thanks
LC

I've run a dexsql.log on the server and it appears that the error message is coming up after the stored procedure 'sp_rename' is run on table EDCVAT04 (this is a European VAT Daybook feature). sp_rename is attempting to rename a column in this table BUT the column's name has already been changed. I'm wondering whether this is why the error messages are coming up?

The customer is on GP9 SP1.

Regards

L

OK - this has now been submitted to MBS and has been recognised as a problem which will hopefully be fixed in GP9 SP2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back