Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL Enterprise Manager dropping registered servers 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomsons

Programmer
Dec 16, 2002
GB
I'm running Microsoft SQL 2000 on my Windows XP PC.

Issue I'm having is that randomly it drops my registered servers from Enterprise Manager (but keeps the Server Groups).

When you go into Regedit you can still see the servers but nothing is apprearing in Enterprise Manager.

I've tried adding all my servers then going into REGEDIT and exporting the following registry key information into a .reg file:-

HKEY_Current_user\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\SQLEW\Registered Servers X

I tried deleting one of my servers then running the .reg file and this successfully added the server back in but if I loose my registered servers after I have rebooted my PC then this doesn't work.

Does anyone know of any way around this or a quick way to add in all my servers again after they are lost.

Thanks in advance,
Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back