Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL dns-less problems 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

atferraz

Technical User
Aug 23, 2003
PT
I've this lines:
Dim Data, Conn
Data = "Driver={SQL Server}; Server=EVO-1000; Database=Ardozia;UID=sa;PWD=******"

Set Conn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
Conn.Open Data
Set rs = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.RecordSet")

and get this messages:
HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP error
Internet Information Services

that means there is an error in ur page. sometimes instead of pointing out the line IIS will simply dispay this irritating page...

Known is handfull, Unknown is worldfull

Turn off "Show Friendly HTTP Error Messages" (Tools->Internet Options->Advanced) from your browser and then see what's the error

________
George, M

Thanks Jorge. Now I got this one:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80040E4D)
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user 'sa'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
/Projecto/teste/default.asp, line 18
----------------------------------------
Data = "Driver={SQL Server}; Server=EVO-1000; Database=Ardozia;UID=sa;PWD="
Set Lig = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
Lig.Open Data ----->>>> that's my 18

the .Open line will error out due to any values being supplied to it having errros in it. As this one stating 'sa' is invalid for the UID. Have you checked to validate it is or not?

Point: if sa login has no password - shoot your DBA.

codestorm
Newbie Life Member.
Fire bad. Tree pretty. - Buffy
<insert witticism here>

Thanks shadow, I got my problem solved.

Tell me why does the same error &quot;HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP error&quot; still show when my page is within an iframe and a table. To see the error I have to test it in a default.asp page.

PROBLEM SOLVED

For all of you that have the same problem accessing SQL server:
The problem with the user access was that my authentication with sql server was set to windows and shod be mixed – (windows and sql) and not only windows. To change it go to “enterprise manager - sql servers - sql server group”, right click in the server - properties - security and check the authentication for &quot;SQL server and Windows&quot;. Then you will be asked to enter a password for &quot;sa&quot; login. Now put the same login in your asp line.

try error handling to catch your errors. don't rely ob the browser & server interpruters

to start. it will be much more gratifying in the long run with your DB conenction and executes along with visual appeal to the users.

Thanks for that tip onpnt, I will use it when finish my site. for now I relly want to see them. Do yiu know how I get those messages show. I alredy have the option &quot;Show Friendly HTTP Error Messages&quot; unchecked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back