Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL Database going into Single User mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpeschka

IS-IT--Management
Jan 29, 2001
US
I have a database on SQL Server 2000 that periodically gets placed into single user mode. I am not setting this myself, and no one else has access to the server. I'm assuming that it is occurring when one of the maintenance plans runs, but I don't know why. Is there anything I should look for in the logs for the maintenance plans or in the Event Log?

Thanks in advance!

My guess is it might be in your maintenance plan. There is an option under the Optimization tabs which you can check that "Checks for minor errors and attempt to repair" or something like that.

What happens is if that is selected SQL Server puts the database into single user mode and tries to fix any errors. If it hits an error that it can't fix it usually fails the whole process/job and sometimes leaves the database in single user mode.

Check if the job executing your optimizations completes successfully. Check the job history as well.

Hope This Helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back