Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sql database connection problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

grom71

IS-IT--Management
Oct 23, 2003
GB
Hi,
I've written Crystal Reports using XI edition to report from my sql database. These reports were written on another PC pointing to a sql server datasource. Using SQL server 2000. I've transfered the reports to my laptop as I have a local copy of a database which has exactly the same structure etc. I've tried to run the report, following a change of db location etc and I get the following error...

Database Connector error:'45S02:[Microsoft] ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server] Invalid Object name CHEMO_LVE.dbo.PATDRUG. [Database Vendor Code: 208]

If I try and create a new report from scratch the db connection works fine and I create reports.
Anyone any ideas why its doing this ?
Steve

Authorised re-seller of CRD (a powerful scheduling tool for automating Crystal reports)
Visit for 10% discount.

Try opening the report, don't run it, and use Database->Set Location and point to the new data source.

It may be that you've used an improper connection type for your local copy of SQL Server.

Is the local copy 2000 or did you D/L the latest trial version?

-k

Hi,
Thanks for your quick response....
I've tried setting the datasource location and get the same error message...
Its seems like its caching the connection or trying to find it when go to update it... rather strange.. it happens with all the reports I've written which I'm now trying to migrate...

The local sql server copy is 2000.

When you say improper connection type what do you mean ?
I used ODBC RDO for both...
Steve

Authorised re-seller of CRD (a powerful scheduling tool for automating Crystal reports)
Visit for 10% discount.

So what happens when you point to the new data source?

Are you pointing specifically at a table or at a higher level object?

Try pointing at table to table when matching.

You might also try setting up a new ODBC connection and try using it instead, then if that works, switch it back to the newe version of the old one ;)

-k

Hi,
I was trying to update the object above the tables..
Now I've mapped the tables across it works fine...

Thank you sooooo much
Steve

Visit for 10% discount.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back