Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sql commands, Reports help plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

pranesh11

Technical User
Dec 4, 2003
IN

Hi Experts,

Iam a newbie to postgressql, with the help of some docs i hv created a db on postgressql which is on redhat 8.0 and taken db from my frnd's redhat and successfuly loaded (copied) his db in mine... now i can goto psql <db_name> then i get #psql from here if i give \dt i can view all tables... how to chk data in a table.. from psql prop if i give select * from <table_name> it won't give anything and also how do i delete all the data in a table... and how do i take reports from a table in csv format... kindly help...

Thanks

When you attempt to query a table what do you get?

You can delete data from a table using a query begun with DELETE instead of SELECT.

Thanks Experts.. actually i know sql.. i can manage with it and managed huge oracle databases single handedly :)) but my prob was i just wanted to know how to getinto to the sql mode.. i mean in oracle something we have sqlplus etc... here when i was giving psql dbname i was getting the prompt and nothing was happening.. now iam able to query.. thanks again for the help and advice.. is there any tips for maintainance of postgres sql like other Rdbms..

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back