Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL Cluster Jobs Issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

woetech

Programmer
Mar 13, 2009
US
Hello and sorry if this has been answered before, but I just can't find anything useful on it.

The company I work for has a SQL Server 2005 cluster with a couple physical servers. The strange thing that is happening is that if I remote desktop to Server2 and then use SQL Management Studio to connect to the virtual SQL Server instance, the SQL Jobs all show up and run fine. Yet, if I remote desktop to Server1, and then use SQL Management Studio to connect to the same virtual SQL Server instance, the SQL Jobs show up, but don't actually exist (meaning if I double-click to go to Properties, it always goes to New Job wizard...).

I've tried doing a Script To -> Create -> to File... on Server2 for the job and then run the script on Server1 and though it re-creates the job, the job still doesn't 'exist' on Server1, only on Server2.

I'm not very familiar with SQL Server clusters unfortunately so I don't know what's going on or how to fix this. If this makes sense to anyone, can someone please help me? I can get you more information if needed, just let me know. Thanks!

I'm here to help. :)

I actually finally figured it out. There were 2 things that were missing:

1.) SQL Management Studio didn't have the same SP as SQL Server, so once I installed SP2 for it, I could see the jobs fine.
2.) SSIS (Integration Services) for some reason wasn't installed on that node which is why the jobs weren't running correctly.

Once I fixed those, all was fine. :)

I'm here to help. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back