Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL Backup Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedBarn2

MIS
Apr 19, 2002
US
Howdy all...

Have my Yosemite backups working perfectly except for a SQL 2000 server that is giving me problems.

I get two errors in the job log, this first is:

The object S4System could not be backed up. See job log for further details.

The second is towards the end of the log:

Bkp: S4System
Error 3090: VDI initialization failed.

I have tried this against another SQL server and it backs it up perfectly. I have all the latest patches on the SQL server and I know the SA password. I also have been working with Yosemite tech support and they have been very unresponsive. I am trying to escalate it so I can get my backpus going and get back to other projects.

Any assistance is appreciated!!!

RedBarn2

Sorry about that, I forgot to add that I am using Yosemite Backup 8.10-sp1e which is the latest as of today on their website.

RedBarn2

Howdy All...

It turned out to be an issue with the SQL Agent backup dll's that were incorrectly registered when SQL was uninstalled and reinstalled on the server in the first place. I reregistered them and it works fine now.

Red

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back