Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL Admin Tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMS636

IS-IT--Management
Apr 20, 2005
CA
Is there any tool for enterprise administration over the web, like Oracle 10g web Enterprise Manager do we have something in SQL with comparison to that.

Secondly can somebody tell me about some good SQL admin, tunning, performance analysis tool. I need this information urgently...

TIA,
DATA Analyst

Not sure about a SQL Server web app for admin but a great tool to look at for tunning and performance analysis in real time would be Quests Spotlight on SQL Server. Quest also has other DB applications that are pretty good.

Thanks

J. Kusch

Microsoft just released a web admin tool for sql server. Goto the microsoft site for sql server

The MS web app has actually been out for about a year. There is also one written by a couple of guys available from Sourceforge. Definetly check out Spotlight for SQL (it's available for Oracle as well). It's at
Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)

--Anything is possible. All it takes is a little research. (Me)

[noevil]
(My very old site)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back