Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sql 7 or 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

lahale

IS-IT--Management
Aug 24, 2001
US
Our Database is currently being designed in Sql7 however I would prefer to install 2000 on our new server.
Will this cause a big problem with the program if I migrate the data from the 7 to 2000?
What types of issues will this cause and am I doing the wrong thing.

Would it be better to just purchase Sql7 and forget that 2000 exists?

Lost in database space.

The conversion from SQL 7 to SQL 2000 is very simple. We are in the process of converting several servers and have not encountered any problems so far. I would recommend purchasing SQL 2000 and forgetting about SQL 7. You'll find a lot more support for SQL 2000 than SQL 7. Terry L. Broadbent
faq183-874 contains some tips and ideas for posting questions in these forums. Please review it and comment if you have time.
NOTE: Reference to the FAQ is part of my signature and is not directed at any individual.

Thank you.
That was my first impression as well, but being new to this I wanted a more informed opinion.
I will take your advice and run with it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back