Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL 7 DTS - Network Resource

Status
Not open for further replies.

SFreilinger

Programmer
Mar 30, 2004
US
OK, I have read a bunch of stuff around this and thought I had it figured out. Here is what I have

I have a non-sysadmin user (User1) running a Scheduled Job. User1 is the owner of the scheduling job (so he can see it). The Scheduled job kicks off a DTS Job that is owned by a second user (User2) with sysadmin and is the startup account for SQL Services. Both users have access to a network resource (fileshare). The DTS Job grabs a text file and imports the data to a table. The job is failing. It works if User2 kicks off either the scheduled job or the DTS Job. I am guessing the the DTS Job is running under SQLAgentCmdExec even though User2 has sysadmin.

If anyone has an idea how to accomplish this, I would appreciate it.

Hi,

Can you confirm that User1 can run this package from DTS designer successfully? May be your SQL Agent is runing under windowsNT login.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back