Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL 6.5 to SQL 7.0 Replication/Publication

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rsandoval

MIS
Jan 30, 2002
US
I am trying to replicate data from a SQL 6.5 database to a SQL 7 database.

Scenario:
SQL 6.5 Database. I want to publish data from the 6.5 Database to a 7.0 Database. The data will be published every 5 minutes. This will be a push subscription.

When I go into the Replication Configuration, I need to register the server I am going to publish to (SQL 7). When I try and register the 7.0 Server, I get the message, "Unable to Connect to Server (reason: [SQL Server] You must upgrade your SQL Enterprise Manager and SQL-DMO (SQLOLE) to version 7.0 (SQLDMO) to connect to this server). Register anyway?"

Of course I say "No" since there is no point. Anyone know how I can make this work? I cannot reboot the SQL 6.5 Server.

If there is no way, does anyone know how to publish to an Access database. The push is going to go to an Access database on my ISP as well as the SQL 7 server. I am just testing across domains right now before I try over the net.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back