Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL 2012 - SQL Analysis Service issue on install

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgillz

Instructor
Mar 2, 2001
US
I am installing SQL 2012 for the first time. When I get to the Server Configuration section, all the services have preselected NT service accounts to run them except for the SQL Analysis Service. Looking at another existing SQL 2013 Server, it is using the NT Service\MSSQLServerOLAPService account. So I tried to manually enter this and when I try to move on to the next step of the installation, I get the error:

The username 'NT Service\MSSQLServerOLAPService' cannot be used in the domain controller.

What am I supposed to put here? I can easily create my own service account and use it, but I have never once in 8 years of working with SQL Server had to do this. I am assuming this is something new to SQL 2012. Any insights appreciated.

Software Training, Implementation, Programming and Support for Macola Progression, Macola ES, Synergy, and Crystal Reports. Check out our Macola tools:

Domain controllers are different in a number of ways. The problem is that you would need to create an account that is a local administrator. But on a domain controller, there are no local administrators, only domain administrators. Any way you can get a different machine?

No, the domain controller and the SQL server are one and the same.

Software Training, Implementation, Programming and Support for Macola Progression, Macola ES, Synergy, and Crystal Reports. Check out our Macola tools:

Can you select something like localservice, or network service?

No, I get the same error - cannot be used in the domain controller.

Having the SQL server also be the domain controller is a first for me while using SQL 2012. I wonder if that is an issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back