Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL 2005 std (SP2) cluster on W2003 R2 - few problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

dapCZ

IS-IT--Management
Jun 20, 2002
CZ
I have two servers with W2003 R2 enterprise in cluster active / passive failover. Connected to SAN. After succesful installation of 4 instances of SQL 2005 i have few problems, which i cant resolve. I am not a db guru. I just need to install this db cluster. Both nodes and cluster working ok. Failover working also.

1) i cant connect via MS SQL Manager remotely to named instances. It is working when i am logged on active node, but remotely not. Remote access is allowed.

2) Event Log : SQL Browser - The configuration of the AdminConnection\TCP protocol in the SQL instance XXXX is not valid. - same event for all db instances

3)SQL Log: 01/18/2008 12:07:23,Server,Unknown,SQL Server is now ready for client connections. This is an informational message; no user action is required.
01/18/2008 12:07:23,Server,Unknown,The SQL Network Interface library could not register the Service Principal Name (SPN) for the SQL Server service. Error: 0x2098<c/> state: 15. Failure to register an SPN may cause integrated authentication to fall back to NTLM instead of Kerberos. This is an informational message. Further action is only required if Kerberos authentication is required by authentication policies.
01/18/2008 12:07:23,Server,Unknown,Server named pipe provider is ready to accept connection on [ \\.\pipe\$$\sql-XXXX\MSSQL$XXXX\sql\query ].
01/18/2008 12:07:23,Server,Unknown,Server local connection provider is ready to accept connection on [ \\.\pipe\SQLLocal\XXXXX ].
01/18/2008 12:07:23,Server,Unknown,Server is listening on [ XXXXXXXXX <ipv4> 1784].

I can log via Terminal Services and ping to names of ALL virtual servers on cluster - DNS and AD looks ok.

4) Event Log : SM Agent : Message from SM agent service: SMagent: The SMagent service attempted to start but terminated. Possible causes include: [1] The access logical drive is disabled in NVSRAM. [2] No controllers with compatible firmware were found. [3] The default logical unit number (LUN) assigned to the access logical drive (typically 7 or 31) is not in the range supported by the host or is already in use by the host for another device. See your storage management documentation for more details.

Access to SAN is without any problems. We are using LUN masking and zoning, booting from SAN and DATA volumes is on SAN already.

Thanks for help guys !

After restarting SQL Browser is possible to connect remotely. Ufff....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back