Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQl 2005 Saving Maintanance Plans - "no such interface supported" 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyFreeman

IS-IT--Management
Mar 22, 2004
GB
Hi there,

I am running 2005 Server and am having great difficulties creating Maintenance plans and saving them. Every time i try and save changes i get an error window up saying "no such interface supported"

if i create the plan through the wizard it is fine but of course not all plans can be done through the wizard.

Since finding the problem i have installed SP1 and SP2 from microsoft but they have not made any difference, can anyone help?

You need to install Integration Services on the SQL Server.

The problem is that you are scheduling the maint plan to run, but don't have SSIS installed on the server.

In order to schedule the maint plan you have to have SSIS installed. Otherwise you don't have the SSIS interface available to the SQL Agent.

Install SSIS, patch it, and you will be good to go.

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)
MCTS (SQL 2005 / Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0: Configuration / Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007: Configuration)
MCITP Database Administrator (SQL 2005) / Database Developer (SQL 2005)

--Anything is possible. All it takes is a little research. (Me)
[noevil]

Thankyou very much, this morning i have re-installed sql server 2005 and ensures i had integration services then patched and all is working fine now

Thanks

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back