Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL 2005 Analysis Services KPI

Status
Not open for further replies.

dean12

MIS
Oct 23, 2001
US
So the KPI has a value and a goal field. Let's say the value is sales growth and the goal would be looking at things like: if we reached a sales growth of 20% then that is good, 10% is fair, negative is bad. No problems.

Now my issue is that I will create this cube but I will install it on a number of different company servers. Each company is going to have different goals. One might say 20% is good, 10 % is fair. Another might say 12% is good and 3% is fair.

Is is possible to code the KPI so that it gets the percentage threshhold number from say a data table rather than having them hard coded? I really don't want to customize the KPI every time I install it as I will have to keep track of the customizations and then reinstall them if there is an update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back