Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL 2000 with Arc 2000 WE over two Win 2k Servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lurb

IS-IT--Management
Feb 21, 2003
GB
Hi,

As a Newbie to Arcserve can anyone please tell me if the following configuration should work and if so, how to setup the SQL part.

Server 1:
Win2k with Exchange 2000 and Backup Drive in

Arcserve 2000 Workgroup Ed with Exchange Agent and Open File Agent installed - all looks fine.

Server 2:
Win 2k with SQL 2000 Std

Remote Client and SQL Agent installed.

--

I can't see the SQL database when browsing the client from the Arcserve on Server 1. - Any ideas? Does Workgroup even support this.

I have no idea of the SP levels installed, it has come from DELL on a CD, so they are probably out of date, can anyone point me in the easiest direction to get patchs?

Thanks in advance
Lurb

Hi Lurb,

Workgroup Edition only supports backup from the server it's installed on. It does not support backup from another server. You need to get Advanced Edition to get that functionality.

Hope this helps

Thanks for the reply. Much Appreciated.

Dell are in for the high rate phone call tomorrow- Mis-selling products!

Everything was purchased from Dell, and their advise was asked at the time of purchase.

Regards
Lurb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back