Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sql 2000 added 2nd processor 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sevendcruz

IS-IT--Management
Oct 1, 2002
US
Is ther a way to force Sql 2000 to recognize 2 processors without having to reinstall Sql.

Thanks in advance...

You should be able to go into Enterprise Manager - Right-click on the server and choose Properties. Click on the Processesor tab and make sure in the Process Control section that each processesor is checked.

Thanks

J. Kusch

Thank You J. Kusch

>You should be able to go into Enterprise Manager - Right-click on the server and choose Properties. Click on the Processesor tab and make sure in the Process Control section that each processesor is checked.

Thats actually what I'm having a probelm with, the newly added processor isnt showing. Sorry for not posting the details. Its just amazing to me that the only way that I heard for sql 2000 to recognize a newly added processor is to reinstall sql. There must be something in registry or maybe reinstalling a sp, but to reinstall the entire app, I'd have to bring down the sql server for several hours...

It probably is much more complicated than just a property. My guess is that it installs different dlls when it has an opportunity to optimize performance with 2 processors.
-Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back