Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Spyzooka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mekkins

MIS
Feb 6, 2003
US
Has anyone here tried Spyzooka yet? Everything I've read about it makes it sound like it kicks butt. However, I'd like verification from folks at tek-tips who have tried it before laying down my $30. Thanks.

Never heard of it...but that doesn't mean much. Cnet has had only a few downloads and zero reviews and of course Google just leads to a bunch of adverts for the program. I would be very careful here.

I've heard good things about MalwareBytes and Sunbelt software's Counterspy as good for-pay programs, but I would wait a while and see if someone else chimes in with any experience with Spyzooka.

I dread Googling anti-spyware apps as domains are so cheap it's easy to buy a handful of domains and make it seem your program is good, tried & true & reviewed. When the reviewing domain is Spyzooka-reviews.com I pay zero attention to it.

Find me an independent review and I might change my tune, but I'm a born skeptic.

Tony

Users helping Users...

I'm a born skeptic
as you should be...

I took a look for an independent review, booth on english and german websites, and found none that I trust...

even CastleCops does not list it...

I would stick with the tried and trusted software, and save your money, invest it rather in a good Hardware Firewall (decent DSL modem) or in a premium AntiViral solution instead...

the tried/trusted software I mention, is the ones we use on the FORUM, e.g. SpyBot S&D, HiJackThis, etc. take a look on the Forum for Pechenegs posts, he lists the best tools and how to use them...

Ben

"If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer..."

Thanks for the input. I came across Spyzooka while researching a spyware problem for someone - a thread on another site where someone had the same problem and said that Spyzooka solved it. Glad I decided to ask about it here.

This does not mean it's not good...just an unknown. CounterSpy costs less and has high ratings everywhere. I've never used it, I rely on the freebies (or a clean install!) but if I were to purchase one this would be it.

Tony

Users helping Users...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back