Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

spywareinfo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmtjet

Technical User
Jun 2, 2001
US
What has happened to:

I no longer can access the site. It's been that way for several days now. Did the black hats take it out?

It has not been unusual over the last several months for the site to be taken out by the bad guys for days at a time (I seem to recall a particularly bad stretch that spanned almost a month not long ago).
What are you looking for, in particular?
One of us might be able to advise as to an alternate source.

Tired of waiting for an answer? Try asking better questions. See: faq222-2244

Hello carr and thanks for your reply. I'm concerned that I can no longer access the site and the good programs it contains. I've used several them over the last year or two. It also is a concern that the black hats can attach and succeed in taking down any site that offers help for computer users. I hope spywareinfo comes back and many site like them.

They'll be back up.
It seems that the best get picked on the most.
In the meantime, you can get many of the progs from spywareinfo.com here, if needed:

Tired of waiting for an answer? Try asking better questions. See: faq222-2244

I've been on daily this week, was just there immediately before this post.

-------------------------------------
It's 10 O'Clock ( somewhere! ).
Are your registry and data backed up?

Just got sent the latest Spyware Weekly Newsletter :· August 18, 2004.

They state:

"SWI Currently Down

Spywareinfo.com is not working at the moment. The site is being mirrored at at the moment."

The scumloads have a lot to loose by the existence of such sites. It shows you how lucrative spyware must be.

Vince

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back