Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

spyware energency 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

blues007

Technical User
Oct 25, 2005
PT
I caught (don't know how!) some spyware. I have instaled all the spyware removal tooles I know of, and I have the latest McAfee anti virus. It changes my home page to a page selling medication stuff.

Go to Download by clicking on the "free download" button. Once you download it,DO NOT install yet. Reboot and boot to safemode. Once you're logged in, run the exe you just downloaded. Afterwards, run a full system scan. Once it's finished. Reboot normally, then run the scan again. Try this first as I've seen many times ewido find all the things that other popular malware tools miss. Post back when you're done. If this doesn't work we'll have to get nasty with it. ;)

CISSP, MCT, MCSE2K/2K3, MCSA, CEH, Security+, Network+, CTT+, A+

Will do. I away from the machine with the problem and I will çlet you know what happened as soon as possible. I'm sure you are (as allways) absolutely right. Thank you very much.

I'm interested to see how this turns out. Please update when you can!

Thanks!

It worked absolutely great and absolutely as you said it would. Thank you very much in my name and in my father's name (he's the computer owner). Once again thank you.

You're very welcome.

CISSP,ISC2 Affiliate & Instructor, MCT, MCSE2K/2K3, MCSA, CEH, Security+, Network+, CTT+, A+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back